Sunday, October 20, 2019

that's how it is

Dear You:

I know you warned me long ago how life would be if I accepted him. I didn't believe you then.

I was young and in love with all the things that make life worth living. It was like a spark that I thought I would find the ember of, but I dunno..sometimes.

Yes, I know you never liked him and you said you could fall in love with a rich man just as well as poor ones, but I still find that odd, since you never did.

Oh well, not that I look down on it. Sometimes, I think maybe it was all right to be a little stupid.

As it is, this friend of mine just can't find a companion at all. And well, we do end up living by ourselves, after some time. Unless, you're the creative sort and your imagination lets you find plenty of invisible friends.

Of course, this isn't the case of my friend. Naturally, her standards are high. And maybe she is right.

Still, after all this time...I find I have my own troubles of wondering why I can't be head over heels with a certain someone. We know our flaws. We know our troubles. And somehow we get by in the quietness.

We'd had most of our arguments before we took the plunge. But as age would have it, the aches and pains let us barely suffice.

I guess I understand now what you were trying to tell me. But as Dad told me, if Christ had dated me, you wouldn't have liked that, either.

So..that's how it is. No travels. Homebodies, using our ingenuity to get by.

Kind Regards,

You know who

No comments:

Post a Comment