Sunday, June 9, 2019

about the past

Dear You:

I've been thinking about how it used to be. You know, before I didn't know how complicated things could be. I just went with the flow and waited to see where the day would take me.

Of course, I got to wondering was I on the right track? Was I wasting my time? Was I ever going to be anything but just hanging around being told what to do?

It seems all my friends have found relationships and partners now. Somehow, I still feel I'm on the outside looking in. Not really attached to anything.

Still, even then, I felt we were on the same level and our lives were on the vast playing field of what was to come.

Little did I know I would be listening to tragic stories about HPV and endocrinology and cancer. None of them can start families like they wanted.

At least I got vaccinated. Still, it's just the cat and me, for the most part.


No comments:

Post a Comment