Sunday, June 16, 2019

about the neighbor

Dear You:

Did you hear about the neighbor next door?

They say he killed himself, but his son told me he's pretty sure his father's ex did it. It happened last week.

I knew the cops came at five in the morning. Didn't hear any shots. Just the little dog barking and someone drove off on a motorcycle. Then it wasn't long until one of those companies in white jumpsuits came to restore the room that it happened in. A few of his people came too, but none of her tribe.

I don't really know them. I didn't want too. Guess, I'm selfish that way.

But the old neighbor across the street said they drank a lot, so anything was possible.

Now the little dog is gone. The children have moved on. It's silent now.

When I first heard the news, I had a panic attack in the middle of the night. I kept imagining the gunshots. Had it really happened while he was asleep?

The son seems to think the detective investigating will write it off as a suicide, but he's moving back home with his mom and step-sister. They seemed nice. Wish I'd brought them some cupcakes I made.

I'm not looking forward to new neighbors. The older I get the worse I am about change.

No comments:

Post a Comment