Saturday, June 8, 2013

sometimes you just have too

"Where is this coming from?" I asked hoping this didn't mean a fight.

We get along so well. Torrie and me. I've known her since high school. We are best friends.

When did that stop?

I worked in the kitchen. I cook. I clean. And she's harping on me that we don't ever go anywhere.

"I'm just saying, its only a concert." She stared at me as if I'd really done it this time.

I looked back at her and bit my bottom lip.

"OK, we'll go to the damn concert." I rinsed a dish, as if to get on with things.

It felt good when I felt her hands around my waist and her chin digging into my shoulder.

"Since we aren't going to Seattle and all," Torrie said. "You know. Seeing SHE & HIM will make it all better. Right?"

"Of course." But I hated out door venues in the summer. It would be too hot or stormy. Either one were not my liking. Also, I sweat a lot. Always have, but it still bothers me. I'd much rather stay inside and read anything by George R. R. Martin. But she thinks I play too many video games.

Finally we kissed. I loved her smile. The dishes could wait. Definitely, time to catch up on things that weren't domestic.

3 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

They're so cute together! :)

Caitlin and Megan said...

Oh, I think he's wiser than she knows.

Sara Gerard said...

They are cute but he seems a tad crabby.